sections

Saturday, 16 February 2019

LNG tank

APLNG refinancing oversubscribed

PFI Issue 642 - February 13, 2019

The first major LNG financing this year is being wrapped up. The results show there is plenty of liquidity in the market. By John Arbouw.

Lithium's funding question

PFI Issue 642 - February 13, 2019

The lithium market is predicted to need US$12bn worth of new mines to meet what is predicted to be a shortage of supply over the next five years. Western Australia is recognised as the world leader in the supply of lithium but as existing mines gear up and new mines want to come on stream, the issue will be on how these projects will be financed.

Palisade to make Hallett 1 refinancing decision

PFI Issue 642 - February 13, 2019

Palisade Investment Partners is considering various options including a possible bond issue to refinance the A$236m (US$170m) project finance debt of the 94.5MW Hallett 1 wind farm in South Australia.

State Gas hires financial advisor

PFI Issue 642 - February 13, 2019

Highbury Partnerships has been given the mandate by Queensland-based State Gas to advise on potential takeover over bids for itself.

Terregra Renewables to develop new solar farm

PFI Issue 642 - February 13, 2019

Indonesia’s Terregra Renewables, which has ambitions to develop about 35MW of solar, is reported to be ready to ask the government for approval for the 5MW Moyhall solar project in South Australia.

Bids firm up for Collgar wind farm

PFI Issue 642 - February 13, 2019

Second-round bids have been put in to buy UBS Asset Management’s 60% ownership of the 206MW Collgar wind farm in West Australia. REST Super owns the other 40%.

Healthscope takeover almost complete

PFI Issue 642 - February 13, 2019

The A$5.7bn (US$4.1bn) takeover of hospital operator Healthscope is almost complete, with Brookfield Business Partner’s scheme of arrangement offer accepted by the board and a deed of implementation signed.

Venturex Resources looks for NAIF funding

PFI Issue 642 - February 13, 2019

Western Australian copper and zinc miner Venturex Resources has approached the National Australian Infrastructure Fund (NAIF) to provide a concessional loan for its project.

Adani Renewables looks for solar project approval

PFI Issue 642 - February 13, 2019

Adani Australia Renewables is reported to have asked the South Australian government for approval to build a 160MW solar project at Whyalla.

AGIG to begin operating Tanami pipeline

PFI Issue 642 - February 13, 2019

CKI-owned Australian Gas Infrastructure Group, formerly Duet, has received approval to begin operating its A$170m (US$120m) Tanami Gas pipeline in the Northern Territory.

Shell looks to develop Crux gas field

PFI Issue 642 - February 13, 2019

Shell Australia and its partner Seven Group Holdings are expected to make a final investment decision (FID) on the US$2bn development of the Crux gas project off the north-west coast of Australia by next year, with the FEED process already under way.

Vango Mining secures debt funding

PFI Issue 642 - February 13, 2019

Western Australian company Vango Mining has secured a two-year, A$10m (US$7m) debt facility from an unidentified lender to use on its Trident gold deposits within the Marymia project in the mid-west region of WA.

Epic Energy completes refinancing

PFI Issue 642 - February 13, 2019

Pipeline company Epic Energy is reported to have refinanced a five-year, A$200m (US$143.9m) debt facility through CIBC, BNP Paribas, RBC and Mizuho.

Energy Projects Solar to build 500MW project

PFI Issue 642 - February 13, 2019

Energy Projects Solar (EPS), an Australian renewable energy developer, is reported to have put in an application to the South Australian government to build a A$1.2bn(US$860m), 500MW solar project and a 250/1,000MW battery storage facility at Robertstown north-east of Adelaide.

Eni buys NT solar project

PFI Issue 642 - February 13, 2019

Eni Australia, the local subsidiary of the Italian oil and gas company, has made its first acquisition in the Australian renewables market in buying the 33MW Katherine solar project in the Northern Territory from Epuron and UK-based Island Green Power.

AGL to build pumped hydro plant

PFI Issue 642 - February 13, 2019

AGL says it is looking to build a 250MW pumped hydro plant at Bells Mountain in New South Wales and will spend A$25m to upgrade the coal-fired Loy Yang power station in Victoria. AGL made the comments when releasing the company’s half-year results.