sections

Wednesday, 16 October 2019

CFE preps power plant tender

PFI Issue 658 - October 9, 2019

The Comision Federal de Electricidad (CFE) is looking to open up tenders for five gas-fired power projects within the next few weeks, according to local press reports.

Petrofac sells to Perenco

PFI Issue 658 - October 9, 2019

Oilfield service group Petrofac will sell its remaining 51% interest in its Mexican oilfields to French group Perenco for roughly US$276m. Petrofac sold the other 49% interest to the same group last year.

OPDEnergy closes solar deals

PFI Issue 658 - October 9, 2019

Spain’s OPDEnergy has closed a project finance package totalling US$86m with SMBC backing 144.2MW of solar generation across two projects.

IEnova signs capacity agreements

PFI Issue 658 - October 9, 2019

Sempra Energy through Mexican subsidiary Infraestructura Energética Nova (IEnova) has signed two 15-year power purchase agreements with private buyers, subsidiaries of Comercializadora Círculo CCK and El Puerto de Liverpool.

CFE shores up balance sheet

PFI Issue 658 - October 9, 2019

Mexican state-run utility Comision Federal de Electricidad (CFE) has signed a Ps8.8bn (US$450m) Term Loan A for general corporate purposes and to refinance debt.

Cubico brings renewables portfolio online

PFI Issue 658 - October 9, 2019

Canadian pension fund-backed Cubico Sustainable Investments has reached commercial operation on a 600MW renewable portfolio in Mexico.